I took a walk in our community park this 7 days on the most best drop day. Temps have been lower 60’s, sky was shiny blue, there was a slight breeze and just the scent of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two weeks now but on this day, with the breeze, leaves have been fluttering to the floor all close to me.
I introduced a bag with me to gather leaves, as a person does on excellent fall times, and I collected so numerous that it felt like it weighed a couple of pounds. I immediately assumed of the best strategy for my big bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath built with a wire hanger!
I very first noticed this leaf wreath notion years in the past on my mate Gina’s website, Willowday. I knew it expected a ton of leaves due to the fact they are stacked, and I’m ordinarily a person who only collects what I can maintain, so I have not experienced a possibility to carry home a major leaf haul till now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Accumulate your leaves and prepare them by shade. I need to have gathered a couple hundred leaves at minimum, but truth of the matter be told I *nevertheless* didn’t have adequate. I experienced to slash my hanger a small shorter. So err on the side of too a great deal!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the best of the wire hanger. Use your have fingers to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To slice the wire hanger (which you will likely have to do unless you acquired hundreds of leaves!), just bend again and forth a few instances in 1 spot and it will split. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-protected type, as a substitute of a hanger.)
3. Start out stacking and threading the leaves onto the wire hanger. It’s quite effortless to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down right until you get midway, then thread them correct side up.
6. When you are performed threading, use the pliers to bend the stop into a minimal loop, then hook it at the major to protected the ring.
This wreath will start to dry up pretty promptly and the colours will fade. If you want the coloration to previous, try out dipping the leaves in beeswax very first!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this put up? In this article are some additional art strategies with leaves: