• Melinda Wilkins, Ph.D., a registered health details administrator and a fellow of the American Wellness Info Administration Association, commenced her distinguished profession in 1988. She now serves as an educator in Russellville as director of Well being Informatics and Wellness Information Management Packages at Arkansas Tech College. Not too long ago, Wilkins was nominated for the Educator of the Year award, but alternatively was honored nationally by the American Overall health Information Administration Association as receiver of the 2021 Distinguished Member Award. On the point out stage she was awarded the Distinguished Member and Dwelling Legacy awards by the Arkansas Wellness Facts Management Association.
• The Arkansas Financial Builders and Chamber Executives corporation honored the next people today at its yearly awards luncheon on Aug. 23: Julie Allen, executive director of the Newport Area Chamber of Commerce, Outstanding Chamber Executive Katherine Holmstrom, a senior venture supervisor in the Business Improvement Division at the Arkansas Economic Enhancement Commission in Little Rock, Outstanding Economic Developer and Kimberly B. Dale, a principal in the company of Department, Thompson, Warmath & Dale in Paragould, Volunteer of the Yr.
• Taryn Echols, an assistant superintendent in the Sizzling Springs Faculty District, has been given the 2021 Administrator of the Calendar year award from the Arkansas Affiliation of Curriculum & Instruction Administrators.
• Whit Lengthy, Hot Springs Earth Class Superior Faculty Trojan T-Stepper captain, gained All-American at the Common Dance Association camp and obtained an invitation to carry out in the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade in Honolulu in December.
• J.P. Gairhan, a 2019 College of Arkansas, Fayetteville graduate, has been awarded an English educating assistantship with the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Method, which will let him to train in Botswana for the coming tutorial calendar year. Gairhan, a Cabot native, graduated cum laude with a diploma in African and African American research, heritage and political science from the Fulbright University of Arts and Sciences.
• The Arkansas Arts Council and Section of Parks, Heritage and Tourism declared this year’s recipients of Unique Artist Fellowship awards. Each honoree will obtain a fellowship of $4,000. Cinematic Arts/Director of Documentary or Narrative Movies: Rontaye Miquan Butler of Fayetteville, who is learning for a master’s diploma in photography Thomas James Deeter of Minor Rock, a screenwriter and director and Lisa Marie Evans of Fayetteville, job supervisor for imaginative improvement at the Innovative Arkansas Community Hub & Trade. Contemporary Craft: Aaron Calvert of Russellville, a professor of artwork at Henderson State College Kara Gunter of Very hot Springs, software supervisor at Emergent Arts Kensuke Yamada of Small Rock, an assistant professor of art at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. Poetry: Kaveh Bassiri of Fayetteville, a doctoral candidate in comparative literature at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville Hiba Tahir of Fayetteville, a candidate for a master’s diploma in poetry at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville and Karstin Johnson of Fayetteville, a applicant for a master’s degree in innovative composing at the College of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
Arkansas Achievers is an possibility to give recognition to Arkansans for their achievements.
Civilian and military achievements are recognized.
You should follow these guidelines:
1) Need to be an Arkansan or have graduated from a college in Arkansas.
2) Been given an award, scholarship, medal or marketing.
Pageants, deans’ lists, graduations or military services enlistments are not accepted.
No photographs you should.
To post an Achiever email us at [email protected] with the phrases “Arkansas Achievers” in the subject matter line.