The 114th once-a-year Stephens County Absolutely free Fair is just days away from bringing tasty food stuff, pleasurable contests, the carnival and several exhibits to the location.
This year’s Absolutely free Honest is scheduled for Aug. 18-21 at the Stephens County Fairgrounds and follows the crowning of this year’s Free of charge Honest Queens, who received their crowns on Saturday, Aug. 7.
Routine of Occasions
Wednesday, Aug. 18 will allow for for entrance of O.H.C.E, 4-H, horticulture, textile and sciences from 4 to 7 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 19 from 8 a.m to midday will open for judging of exhibits, shut to the public.
Thursday will function exhibits and the trade present from 1-9 p.m., open up to the community and the carnival is slated to open at 6 p.m.
On Friday, displays and trade clearly show will last all day, spanning from 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. The carnival will open up for the second night at 4 p.m. The identical night will function the poultry present, which will kick off at 6 p.m.
On Saturday, the livestock reveals and other functions are as follows:
• 8 a.m., swine present
• 9:30 a.m., displays and trade demonstrate
• 10 a.m., antique tractor demonstrate
• 10 a.m., pedal tractor pull
• 10 a.m., cattle clearly show
• 10 a.m., goat show, straight away adopted by the sheep present
• 3-5 p.m., free gospel singing
• 4 p.m., carnival opens
Food stuff at the Good
Truthful foodstuff is always the best food items.
This year’s food at the reasonable will serve lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and supper from 5-8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday of the Free Truthful whilst also letting acquire of handmade pie by the slice.
Thursday evening will element beans and cornbread by Comanche Ag Boosters.
Friday’s lunch will aspect strew and cornbread by Comanche Homemakers and the meal will element chopped brisket sandwiches by the Stephens County Livestock Growers.
Saturday’s lunch will feature Indian tacos by Stephens County 4-H and dinner will attribute rooster spaghetti and garlic bread from the Empire Ag Boosters.
Contend for Ribbons and Prizes
Entries are open up to any Stephens County resident. There’ll be 4-H and Open up Class displays on every thing from honey to images, household science, crafts and horticulture. So be part of in and consider part in some of the competitions. Share your skills and accumulate your individual ribbons and awards.
• Artist of all ages share their abilities by showcasing their paintings with classes for oil, acrylic and watercolor. Drawings with pen and ink as well as graphite pencil and pastel are exhibited as effectively. The Combined Media class is open up to works in charcoal, collage, string art, scissor art, and many others.
• Photographers of all ages, backgrounds and knowledge degrees are invited to enter their best single pictures into the open completion. The photography contest has developed to be 1 of the most preferred contests at the County Honest. Shots are judged on their inventive perspectives of composition and style. Verify out all the courses to enter on Internet pages 19-21 of the 2021 Stephens County Free Honest ebook
• Really don’t skip the Pie Exhibit. “Best Pie and Finest Pie Baker” are the most fascinating titles awarded for the duration of the Stephens County Honest Pie Present. The home made pie contest is held on Friday, Aug. 20. Judging begins immediately at 3 p.m. Entries recognized concerning 2 and 2:45 p.m.. Pies are judged on flavor, texture of crust and filling, and common overall look. A copy of each and every recipe is necessary for judging. See website page 27 of the 2021 Stephens County Totally free Fair ebook for lessons and more data. Convey your best pie to compete for the title of Finest Pie Baker. Aprons are awarded to Best Pie and Finest Pie Maker in both youth and grownup divisions. The judging of the pie competitiveness is open up to the general public and all are invited to enjoy and hear the judge’s opinions.
There are numerous categories to enter and a thing for every person to delight in at the Stephens County Good. For additional facts about the Stephens County Absolutely free Fair, make contact with the Extension business office at 580-255-0510.